Saturday, September 26, 2015

The Fallen Tree

My school was a female on trial,
guilty for producing too many children,
Ones who refused to bow down to the shackles of religion,
And worshiped God instead.
Fruit of their Mother's loins, they swam in rivers
for years only to find the ocean for the very first time.
It was under a great tree that an old man
whose words of warning foretold of a great flood,
But as stubborn children are, the did not listen,
they decided to stay,
it was too much food for thought to them anyway.
I am one of her children, who sought knowledge from the bounteous tree
I reached the apex of Mount Sinai, and I could hear
the old man's voice, echoing in the sweet silence of nature,
whispering my name,
I did not want to listen at first,
because I thought that believing in something
meant believing in nothing at all,
until I saw the old man appear in His image,
chanting His name in 99 languages,
so I took his right hand to help make me selfless again,
and lead me into a spiraling dance that orbits the sun.
Until one day, the left hand he hid behind his back
showed itself with a keris firm in its grasp,
a so-called symbol of supremacy
claiming it has right over the Mother's children,
He pointed it at her throat and asked her to bow down,
making her confess all the guilt she did not deserve
for producing too many fatherless children,
who decided to worship God instead of religion.

No comments: