Azizul Kamaruzaman (1011837)
Dear Sir,
Assalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakaatu
It is with the utmost reverence that I direct this essay to you in the hope that you will consider my option to major in political science.
The reason I want to major in the field of political science is not just for the recognition or credential that I will receive, however, it is my greatest desire to gain further knowledge in this particular area which also happens to be my area of interest. I have a dream and my dream is to change my country into something that I can be proud of. One of the best ways to achieve my dream, which I am certain is also shared by many, is by attaining proper knowledge. By majoring in Political science, it provides me with a firm foundation to achieve my goal.
What exactly is politics? Why do I need to study politics? Is the science behind politics essential for me to understand the structure of human society and the rules that governs the nation? What would I do if I had the knowledge on politics? These are the thoughts that always linger in my mind. No matter how many questions I have in my mind, my heart is convinced this is the path that I envisioned myself to take. Before this, I never bothered about politics because politics, through my perspective, always seems to relate to issues regarding money, corruption, endless debates and this usually invokes negative images in my mind. Never have I encountered anything good relating to politics. This however changed as soon as I stepped into my introductory class to Political Science (PSCI 1010) taught by my previous lecturer, Sr. Izni Bazilah. I give her credit for this change and I deeply respect her for she has altered my perception and made my understanding on this subject better and clearer.
In a simple premise, politics is all about POWER. The intangible force, gained by influence, transmitted and obeyed by the whole population. Nevertheless, these intangible force or thoughts vary in many ways in terms of the manifestation in each and every country such as democracy in Malaysia and the United State of America. Better insight of the organs of government such as the Sultan’s position that has been controversial for the past several years. These thoughts have invited me to understand and view my country and the world in a broadened perspective. For instance, my previous lectures had shared the hard facts about the true story of the expulsion of Singapore from Malaysia. Why Israel is still attacking Palestine even though, they have been condemned by the largest power in the world? These conflicting situations always fascinate me and beckon me to find logical and rational ways of trying to solve these problems.
When I have knowledge I would be able to influence people in order to behave in certain ways which are, most importantly, ethical. I am upset with the endless and more than often nonsensical conflicts between governments and oppositions to the extent that I feel there is a great need to solve these divergences immediately. When I read blogs, where people are free to express their opinions, I find this war childish and that argument immature. It should stop immediately as the impact of their action affects young minds and most importantly, it is a waste of time. Their actions only beget more anger among each other, causing even more conflict. I imagine a sanctuary to be created where even though people have many different ideas or perspectives, they are able to live under one rule harmoniously with minimum harmful disagreements. One of the ways I deduced to gain such a sanctuary is to gain more knowledge about the past, present and future of politics.
In conclusion, everything will be, Insha’allah fulfilled if I have the knowledge in order to unify people by politics. Politics is a centralized and major force in order to govern people. By the definition itself, politics means the art of governing. Thus, with the knowledge that I will acquire throughout these four years in the prestigious International Islamic University Malaysia, it will hopefully help me in achieving my dreams.
May peace be upon you and may Allah bless you always.
Wassalam.
No comments:
Post a Comment