Saturday, March 24, 2012

no one to blame if you are stupid.

I am not lamenting on how excruciating attending class, when I have not serious lecturer as well classmate. 

I used to be parochial student, dun even bother whatever my lecture said, Im really happy if I get a slide from lectures, memorized everything from the slide, and vomit everything during final.

then. end of the semester.

nevertheless, i took a seriously deathly class last semester, with a errm.. a neo nazi version of lecture, when she (yes she) marked my paper start from 0.75. yes, if argument doesnt make any sense, then, too bad, ur just wasted ur ink and time.

hehe, I still remember i get 2 marks for conclusion when I write analysis on epistemology, (that's a lot) but sadly to say i didnt even get more than 5 mark. not because i diverted my whole paper to something else, simply because i copy and paste everything on my note.

which obviously shown my pathetic understanding.

however, towards the end of semester, im very very very lucky, my assignment and participation helps me alot, and hehe,

i get A- for the subject. 

why? because I didnt cheat and start to read more for final. and yes, and strangely I still remember the whole concept of leadership, and still can write good analysis on leadership. which, sometime for me doesnt even makes sense (too utopian) 

u see here, going to university especially pursuing social sciences is not easy. memorizing the whole fact wouldnt make u get a, maybe for some, but most of 3000 and 4000 level courses will not. trust me, its all about analytical skill (though my engrish very pathetic kan, but its my blog of course no serious attempt to write)


and Im still taking the same lecture, though I know the risk of failing is there. but, trust me, be sincere to gain knowledge. and whatever word u memorized from the book, will not help u. try to go and learn beyond the text book

then you see, the fascinating of learning. seriously hehe.

Im a political science major, and have 4 diff specialized area. well, its not compulsory to choose a specialized area, but depends on student. most of subject im gonna take will be in between international relation and political theory and philosophy. basically is the same area, but Political theory will defines epistemology of the thinkers and eventually develop and turns into action. 

so now, whenever I attend class, I'll be deadly serious. 

i come early to class, and I'll ask whatever I dun understand, and honest in learning. any vague area that i'll asked for clarification. I read atleast something before going to class, to have general idea (except for arabic hehe) and make sure, whenever I step out from class, i'll have whatever my lecture was teaching. 

because, i realized, the more I know, the more it makes me a better student.

but here's the thing. I think, half of the population of social sciences students are not even serious learning. just come to the class, grabbing their bag throughout the class, sitting at the back, and not even bother to study. 

and just makes me wonder, why on earth they are in university. just waste of time. ughhhh....

dear all terer bloggers, if u ever read and came across this blog

like MA&The Brood why u private ur blog, woahh so sad.


and Ibu that has been neglected her blog more than a year,

hehe, hope to hear (read)  from You guys again :)

regards,
Rendrazaleigh :)