Dear heart,
I can't recall the day when we first met
Because it seems as though I have known you all my life
I can't recall a time when you were not my best friend
We know each other from the inside out
You were always a friend when others left me in doubt
Dear heart,
It is as if you are my own pearl flesh and ruby blood
I would protect you from any harm that might befall you
I would write rhapsodies and sing my poetry just to see you smile
I would take you deep sea diving and mountain climbing
if it would make it worth your while
Dear heart,
Remember the moments when hurt was all that we could feel?
When the pain was too excruciating to even be real?
That was when you were my rock and I was your shoulder
We leaned on one another
And I praise God that we still have each other
Dear heart,
This may be mindless folly
But at least we still have our youth
And the pitter-patter of our young hearts
still do not yet grasp the perfect essence of time
For time is still just a speck in our rose-tinted reality
But trust me, dearest heart,
These are the days we will remember for the rest of our lives
Even if this might not last forever
Just remember that our memories will be eternal, timeless
Even if time succeeds in separating us and what we hold dear
Just know that you remain my companion, my brother, my rock
The one who makes my heart soar up, up, up in the sky
This will never die,
Dear heart.
:) Those bold lines are not made up. Those are the lines the bind us together.
You'll find it in the deepest friendship
The kind you cherish all your life
And when you know how much that means
You've found that special thing
You're flying without wings
poyolah kau tak dengar westlife.
but, Thank you for the poem. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment