Monday, August 29, 2011

Spirit of Raya.

confession of cucu yatim piatu.

Raya has been the same cycle for the past 5 years, wake up in the morning, (11am or may 12am) ehhe, wear baju melayu, probably had few photoshoot session with my family. and at that time, obviously, abah will still sleeping on the couch, and once home start to be noisy, he will goes to bed room. and cont sleeping.

or maybe plan ourselves which shopping complex we want to crash in, Sunway? parkson subang parade? or elsewhere, where we can errr, buy some stuff? this year, probably ikea, because I need to buy curtain for next semester.

How I wish, my raya would be like years ago. when my atuk on emak's side still alive, I couldnt believe had been rapidly passed by. Now, its been five years since my grandparent left. and Raya was way too different after their left.

I kinda miss, having a mercun and meriam session with my cousin, the smell of minyak tanah, and hehee- bunga api. i like to point bunga api to the cement, and carefully decorate the cement with the ashes from the bunga api. and, I miss pelita too. its so awesome to hang pelita on the pavement to my atuk's house.

nonetheless, I dun really walking around kampung, since everyone is an alien to me, I know angah kiah and the few kampung-rian. and when it gets further, they knew me, for being the only sepet in the family, but seriously, I dunno anyone of them. though, i was pretty friendly, or sometime pretend to be friendly- but seriously, i dun like walking around kampung from house to house just to hunt duit raya.

and I dun like counting duit raya, its very frustrating.

now, im kinda miss all these thing. I miss my grandparent, especially atuk Mah. she cant articulate her words, in normal manner, nevertheless, her affection towards her cucu's was very kind and motherly. though I wasnt her favourite, and her temper. god knows, very fluctuate, and changes rapidly. I wasnt her favourite, because i was the hyper active one, couldnt stop *oh yeah, at 4.30 am abah just came back from lepaking with his friends, so says who he almost 50? hehe. ok back to atuk mah. yes- i was the MOST hyper active one. Her fav, or course abang. the less or almost zero cranky child, and obedient one and very rajin. me? the only one whom couldnt stop talking and the naughtiest among all.

but put that aside, when Im sick, she'll massages my whole body. and emak, was inherited her temper. emak could simply spank us with anything. I still remember, typical grandmother whom will protect me, whenever mom was ready to beat me up. :)

Atok chik ( my grandfather) my chinese face looking atuk was the very different from atuk Mah. He's a very soft spoken, and I remember when I was at the beginner level riding bicycle, I almost terlanggar-ed atuk, however, I failed to control my bicycle, and eventually both of us fell into the parit. ehehe, and emak was realllllllllllllllllly angry because of this incident. 

Atok Chik, amek upah tali pancing, everyday he would at the kitchen, and working on the tali pancing. I would sit beside, I remember he said, he would bring me someday for pancing. but I guess, he would never do that, an hyper active child goes fishing?

buang karan je.

and among all my cousins, I always wake up before everyone wakes up. Thus, atok chik will brings for breakfast at Tajudin the roti canai shop beside workshop (sedap gila roti canai dia, but years back was closed due to the rumors rampantly spread all over the kampung, claimed that- doh dia, mix together with underwear) tapi sedapppppppppppppppp roti canai dia.

and now, since both of the had pass away, I dun really go back to kampung. its pointless though, and I've heard few times, visiting grave is not a good activity to do. emak and my other siblings will go back on 2nd or maybe 3rd day of raya. and I dun follow them. entah, I dun feel any significant to go back kampung.

The last time i went back to kampung, when my 2nd uncle, yayak- passed away. now- I really have any reason to go back. Ucu (my mom's youngest sister) will follow her husband to raya at kampung baru. so, practically no one is at the kampung. so, why do i even bother to go back to kampung kan?

nonetheless, I do miss the bits of Raya at kampung.

I dun really like to raya at abah's side. because, its very remote area. one house is very far to another. and strangely, there was a house opposite atuk jam (my grandparent, and currently suffered schizophrenia) but we never visit the house. and I dun even know, who's staying there. of course, i'm really excited if pak ulong (my father's eldest uncle) because he doesnt has any son. pak lang wouldnt allow his kids to play mercun. whilst, all the mercuns will be ours.! pak ulong banyak mercun, entah mana dia dapat.

and now, at 5, I was awaken by my brother's noise- watching movie bising gila. I couldnt sleep back. haiyoo how lah to raya tomorrow?

anyway, do you notice, people no longer greeting raya through phone? for non facebook user like me, err, i received berapa kerat je text msg-es. yang banyak pun, from my previous phone num user. batch aku, wish through facebook je. cis!

and since, im using canggih phone- that requires to tekan tekan the screen, i only send few greeting text, to pun yang terdekat je. *i dunno how to forward text msg.*

ok, so I pun wish kat sini je lah.

dua tiga kucing berlari,
kucing berlari ikut titi
selamat hari raya aidilfitri,
lepas mintak maaf jangan bitchy   

ok memain je.

SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI, MAAF ZAHIR DAN BATIN. FROM RENDRAZALEIGH AND FAMILY :) JEMPUTLAH DATANG RUMAH KALAU BERANI!

p.s- oh ye- Al-Fatihah to all my family member, that had return to the Allah s.w.t Taala, semoga dicucuri rahmat. dan ditempatkan bersama orang beriman.


No comments: